Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bonjour de Paris


One flight down, two to go.

As the title says, I'm in Paris - yet doing no sight-seeing. I'm in the Charles de Gaulle Airport waiting to catch my next flight to Maritius, a tiny island near Madagascar. From there, it's only a one-hour flight to Durban. Yes! Ha, but I have another few hours before my next flight.

I think travel, particularly international travel, is so exciting. New places, new people, new languages. The thing is though, it is a little scary. Perhaps scary isn't the right word. It's just near mind-blowing how interesting the path to growing up is.

I was thinking today as I got off my first plane and entered the terminal for my second flight that it was only about two and a half years ago when my parents wouldn't even let me take a day trip, a DAY trip, to Tampa with friends over Spring Break of my senior year in high school. And here I am, less than three years later, in Paris and on my way to South Africa all on my own. Wow.

(Note: I don't know how to look at time-zones. My last flight is actually 4 hours long. Still the shortest of the three flights!)

1 comment:

japninja18 said...

Wow, blogs are for huge dorks! Haha, just kidding, its Kieran. Looks like things are going pretty sweet for you.